Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I was having one of those days where you don't want to touch your wips, but you really want to knit. I also, like most knitters, have way too much random yarn lying around. It was like: either deal with it and finish something or make something small and quick. Which in part inspired me to make this TP cozy. I also loved the amigurumi octopus pattern in the Knit .1's winter extras, but personally, I can't crochet to save my life. So I cast on for a gauge swatch and measured a roll of Charmin, and next thing I knew, I had my very own Tako Maki.
Materials
- 1 ball of Caron simply soft quick (100% Acrylic/ 50 yd) in Blue Mint
- 1 set of size US9 (5.5mm) double pointed needles
- 2 buttons note: I used two different sizes
- darning needle, sewing needle and thread
Pattern
- Cast on 56 stitches and separate evenly onto 4 dpns (14 stitches on each needle)
- Work garter stitch for 4 rounds (knit one round, purl next round), ending on purl round
- Work stockinette until piece measures 5 inches from the beginning.
- Begin decrease round - Round 1 - on the first needle: knit 1, SK2P ( slip 1 stitch, knit two together, pass slipped stitch over). Knit to the last three stitches, K2tog, knit 1. Continue as for needle one on the next three needles.
-Round 2 - Knit
Repeat rounds 1&2 until there are 4 stitches left on each needle.
To finish, cut a 10 inch tail and pull through stitches, securing tightly. Weave in ends.
For the legs (make 8)
- Cast 3 stitches onto one dpn and knit back and forth without turning to make an I-cord. Knit until the cord reaches 5 inches (feel free to make the legs varying lengths). Bind off. Using the darning needle, weave the bottom tail through the cord. Do not weave in the bound off tail, instead, use it to secure leg to the bottom front of the cozy. I went ahead and attached the tails only in the front.
Finishing
- Sew buttons to the bottom half of the front of the cozy, just above the legs and enjoy!
Materials
- 1 ball of Caron simply soft quick (100% Acrylic/ 50 yd) in Blue Mint
- 1 set of size US9 (5.5mm) double pointed needles
- 2 buttons note: I used two different sizes
- darning needle, sewing needle and thread
Pattern
- Cast on 56 stitches and separate evenly onto 4 dpns (14 stitches on each needle)
- Work garter stitch for 4 rounds (knit one round, purl next round), ending on purl round
- Work stockinette until piece measures 5 inches from the beginning.
- Begin decrease round - Round 1 - on the first needle: knit 1, SK2P ( slip 1 stitch, knit two together, pass slipped stitch over). Knit to the last three stitches, K2tog, knit 1. Continue as for needle one on the next three needles.
-Round 2 - Knit
Repeat rounds 1&2 until there are 4 stitches left on each needle.
To finish, cut a 10 inch tail and pull through stitches, securing tightly. Weave in ends.
For the legs (make 8)
- Cast 3 stitches onto one dpn and knit back and forth without turning to make an I-cord. Knit until the cord reaches 5 inches (feel free to make the legs varying lengths). Bind off. Using the darning needle, weave the bottom tail through the cord. Do not weave in the bound off tail, instead, use it to secure leg to the bottom front of the cozy. I went ahead and attached the tails only in the front.
Finishing
- Sew buttons to the bottom half of the front of the cozy, just above the legs and enjoy!
Labels: Patterns
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I'm making one of these when I complete the last 3 rows of the never ending blanket. Thanks for sharing this. I think it will get my knitting sanity back to a nice level. :)
I love this! I'm making one for my sister. Is it ok if I put a link to your website on my facebook page and post a picture of my version? (it's not as smooth and lovely as yours, but still really cute)
So cute! I love it:)
Post a Comment